Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lost and FOUND


LOST was a world wide phenomenon and the only reason I bring attention to it is due to my friends addiction to the programme. A week after its conclusion discussions still abound, I even had one friend say due to his addiction I would need a box of tissues and a couch for him??? 

I have not seen a single episode and my sister was an avid fan until life caught up with her.  You will understand later as to why I don't watch it, but lets talk about LOST and how appropriately titled it is.

The reason why the programme took off despite costing so much to produce was due to the writers ability to draw interest in the lives and surroundings of the characters.  Further to that like every other show they kept the carrot dangling each week, the carrot is what I need to explain here.  The writers whether they knew this or not played on humanity's desire to know the meaning of life and life after death.  The Characters were named after philosophers, scientist and authors. Religious ideologies and sects were explored, unexplained creatures, the supernatural, dreams, visions, crossovers, reoccurring numbers and healings all featured...now before the Christians fall to sleep lols, the later of the list is still considered to be unnatural by world standards.

LOST unobtrusively revealed to the world several view points, both scientifically and philosophically. They made an attempt to unravel world religions and belief systems, at the end of the day you were left to determine your own answer that could inevitably leave you LOST.

I watched some of my friends do high 5s as they understood concepts/themes some weeks and other weeks debate on themes that didn't fit into their own beliefs.  At first I thought what a bunch of dorks and geeks, but then thought this is an "opportunity". The Christian view on LOST is very weak, only one character is named after a Christian and although he is a Christian he is more famous for his literary works.  Only intelligent minds and Christians would have understood the character name and who CS Lewis believed in.

LOST had provided for me the view that Christianity sits along side every other religious view.  In the eyes of the world it is one of many.  But we who believe in Christ Jesus know this not to be.  Jesus is the truth, He is the life, He is the Way.

The gospel of the Way the Truth and the Life JESUS, is to be revealed through the priesthood of all believers and then the world will separate us from the many and the Way will be revealed to the masses of the LOST.

Jesus in me is the WAY.  I wish to expand on this more and will do so, I've got to go now or I'll miss prayer meeting lols...please stay tuned for the next chapter of FOUND.

1 comment:

E-H Life said...

Um yeah not kool that I leave a comment on my own blog, but I need to mention here that I love my friends so much! they have gifts and abilities that when in God will bloom and grow.

I can't wait to see them in Jesus!!!